Top 5 Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Do you find traditional exercise bikes uncomfortable? The hunched over position, smaller seat and more ‘authentic’ bicycle experience may work for some but other people just do not enjoy it at all. If you would like to take up cycling but you don’t like using traditional bikes you are in luck because recumbent bikes let you reap the benefits of cycling whilst you maintain a comfortable and relaxed position.
Recumbent seats are far more comfortable than those found on tradition bikes, you can sit back in the chair to help eliminate soreness and fatigue and your body is supported by the bikes frame. They are a great source of low impact exercise, they are generally safer and because they are kinder on your joints, spine and muscles they are ideal for people of all abilities and ages. If you are interested in buying your very own recumbent exercise bike for home use, read on to discover the top 5 models currently available on the market!
JTX Cyclo-5R: Recumbent Review – Our Number 1
* The JTX Cyclo (VIEW PRICE HERE!) is very similar to the types of recumbent exercise bikes you would expect to find in the gym. It has a stable, comfortable frame and ergonomic back support which makes it ideal for all age groups and suitable for beginners and advanced users alike.
* This exercise bike comes with a free heart rate chest strap which will monitor your heart rate to ensure you are working to the best of your ability without putting yourself in danger.
* The JTX exercise bike comes with 12 in-built workout programs which will help you stay focused on your goals and incorporate new ideas into your regime. These programs include watt training, heart rate control and customisable options.
* The JTX comes with an 8.5KG flywheel which will help keep the machine running smoothly and securely without pushing you to work harder than you are comfortable with.
* This exercise bike offers 16 levels of extra quiet electro-magnetic resistance which will help you improve your strength over time.
* The JTX has Mp3 player connectivity options so you can stream music from the machine.
* This JTX exercise bike has an advanced bluetooth monitor which will display all the stats you’d expect to find. It can also connect to the companies iConsole app which will help give you new ideas for your workout.
* You can feel secure in the knowledge that this JTX model comes with a lifetime frame warranty and a 3 year in home repair service and you will also have the option to replace the exercise bike if you prefer within the 3 year period. If that wasn’t enough the JTX Cyclo also offers a full refund if you are unhappy with the product within a 28 day time frame.
Features: Gym Quality – Free Heart Rate Chest Strap – 12 Pre-Programmed Workouts – 8.5KG Flywheel – 16 Resistance Levels – MP3 Connectivity – Bluetooth Monitor – 3 Year Warranty.
Pricing: Mid-Range/ High-End
Kettler Premium Recumbent Review – Number 2
* The Kettler Premium exercise bike includes 12 pre-programmed workout options including a heart rate program which will help you personalise your workout and keep you safe throughout. This bike is also compatible with pulse measuring chest straps.
* This exercise bike comes with 16 levels of electro-magnetic resistance. It’s a good idea to have more rather than less resistance levels so you can continue to see results and improve over time.
* This exercise bike has been designed to be extra comfortable and secure so you can cycle for longer without experiencing back or joint pain.
* This Kettler Premium bike is a great option for older people and those with mobility problems because the low height of the frame makes it extra easy to get on and off the bike.
* The Kettler exercise bike comes with a 9KG Flywheel.
Features: 12 Pre-Programmed Workouts – 16 Electro-Magnetic Resistance Levels – Heart Rate Monitor – LCD Screen – Comfortable – Low Height – 9KG Flywheel.
NordicTrack R65 Recumbent Review – Number 3
* The NordicTrack R65 comes with a 9KG Flywheel which has been designed for extra quiet and super smooth operation.
* This exercise bike has 25 digital resistance levels for you to choose from which you can select the desired level via the simple one touch controls. This should give you enough options to help you improve your fitness levels for a long, long time.
* The NordicTrack exercise bike has an easy to use backlit monitor. It is also compatible with iFit Live which can give you access to 1000 workouts, but keep in mind that the module is sold separately.
* This NordicTrack exercise bike offers 32 workout apps to help add variety to your exercise regime so you don’t get overly comfortable or bored.
* The NordicTrack includes an oversized chair which can be easily adjusted to suit your needs. This exercise bike also comes with extra wide pedals with fully adjustable straps and a special ergonomic design for maximum security and comfort.
Features: 9KG Flywheel – 25 Resistance Levels – User-Friendly Backlit Monitor – Compatible with iFit Live – 32 Workout Apps – Oversized Adjustable Chair – Ergonomic Design.
V-fit BST-RC Recumbent Review – Number 4
* The V-fit has a large adjustable seat complete with a backrest to help support your upper body and protect against any muscle cramps or posture issues.
* This exercise bike uses magnetic resistance via a 5 KG flywheel which is made out of durable cast iron material.
* The V-fit BST-RC offers eight-step adjustable resistance which can be controlled via a simple dial located on the machine.
* This bike includes oversized pedals complete with adjustable foot straps so you feel secure throughout your exercise.
* The V-fit comes with a display screen which will show you all the important details of your workout including speed, calories and time.
* This V-fit model comes with chip resistance which will protect against damages to give you a longer lasting machine.
Features: Adjustable Supportive Seat – 5KG Flywheel – Eight Step Adjustable Resistance – Oversized Foot Pedals – Adjustable Foot Straps- Display Screen – Chip Resistance.
Pricing: Mid -Range/ Affordable
Tecnovita by BH REC BIKE YF93 Review – Number 5
* This exercise bike has an 8KG flywheel which will ensure the smooth running of your machine whilst challenging you to push yourself that little bit harder.
* The Technovita BH Rec Bike is ergonomically designed with adjustable high, a comfortable backrest and supportive handles.
* The Technovita has a DT pedal system which utilises double drive to help make your pedalling as smooth and quiet as possible.
* This Tecnovita model comes with a 2 year guarantee. The maximum user weight is 90 KG.
Features: 8KG Flywheel – Ergonomic Design – LCD Display – DT Pedal System – 2 Year Guarantee.
We’re sure that you would be happy with any of the exercise bikes on this list but we would especially recommend the JTX Cyclo. This bike comes with a free heart rate strap which can add a lot to your workout without requiring you to fork out any extra money, it has a strong and smooth flywheel which weighs 8.5KG, it has an advanced bluetooth console and 12 interactive work out programs and best of all it has an impressive 3 year repair or replace warranty, a lifetime frame warranty and a 28 money back guarantee!