|Philips||Features: Adjustable Light Settings – Two Natural Sounds – Radio – Snooze Mode –Lamp – Improves Energy & Mood.||Mid-Range||Lowest Price Here!|
|Lumie||Features: Selection Of Audio Sounds – Snooze Mode – Nightlight – Security Light – Medically Certified – Two Year Warranty.||Mid-Range||Lowest Price Here!|
|Glime||Features: Touch Activated – Versatile – 256 Atmospheric Light Options – Three Brightness Levels – Battery Powered – Five Natural Sounds.||Affordable||Lowest Price Here!|
Top 3 Wake Up Alarm Clocks
Do you want to smash your alarm clock into a million pieces every single morning? Do the harsh chines of your morning alarm fill you with dread? Alarm clocks may be a necessary evil, but they are not the most pleasant way to wake up. Luckily the standard alarm clock is not your only option.
Wake up alarm clocks are designed to mimic the natural sunrise and they essentially help you wake up in a more natural and pleasant fashion. The way they work is fairly simple. The clock will start to gradually light up around half an hour before your alarm, and the light will grow brighter and brighter until it wakes you up. This should help you wake up naturally rather than jolting you awake so you feel well rested throughout the day. Sunlight has a positive effect on our mood, health and energy levels which is why you may feel more energetic and generally happier during the summer, so it makes sense to replicate the sunlight as closely as possible during those nasty winter dsys. These alarms are especially good for people who work anti social hours because it will help you trick your body into thinking it’s morning.
Wake up alarms may also be beneficial in alleviating some of the symptoms of SAD. SAD is a type of depression which is influenced by seasonal factors, so if you suffer from SAD your symptoms are likely to be worse during the winter months when the days are short and the sufferer has limited exposure to sunlight. Wake Up alarms are not specific SAD alarms unless otherwise stated, but they can help you feel a little better in the mornings when combined with other tactics.
If you are interested in learning more about Wake Up Alarms then read on for our review of the top three!
Philips Wake-Up Review – Our Number 1
- Some people are really sensitive to light and it won’t take much to get them up in the morning, but other people will require a lot more light before it wakes them up. The Philips Wake Up alarm comes with customisable light settings which allows you to personalise your alarm clocks brightness to suit your needs.
- In addition to the ten different light intensity levels you will also have the option of further customising the brightness up to 200 lux.
- The Philips Alarm Clock comes with two natural wake up sounds which are designed to make you feel like you’re waking up outside in the middle of nature. The sound works much the same as the light, so it starts off quiet and the volume slowly increases to ensure you wake up. You can also set up the alarm so it goes to radio.
- Not ready to wake up yet? No problem! This alarm clock comes with a tap snooze function which lets you stay asleep a little longer. A light tap anywhere on the alarm will start the snooze mode and it will stay in snooze mode for nine minutes.
- The Philips Wake-Up alarm features ten light intensities which means you can also use it as a reading lamp!
- The Philips Wake-Up alarm (lowest price here!) has been designed and perfected through scientific and clinical research. This alarm should help boost your energy levels, improve your mood and set you up for a great day.
Features: Adjustable Light Settings – Two Natural Sounds – Radio – Snooze Mode –Lamp – Improves Energy & Mood.
Lumie Bodyclock GO 75 Review – Number 2
- The Lumie body clock will help you wake up naturally by mimicking the natural sunrise. If you need a bit of sound to help you wake up then this clock comes with various audio options including dawn chorus sounds, drumbeat sounds or the chimes of big Ben.
- This alarm clock comes with a tonne of extra features including snooze mode, various types of sunrise and sunset displays, a nightlight option and even a security light option.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can get really bad during the winter months. We all need sunlight in order to live happy, energetic and healthy lives, but in the winter months people who work indoors are lucky if they get one hour of sunlight a day.
- There is no complete substitute for natural sunlight, but there are things you can do to alleviate the symptoms of SAD. The Lumie GO 75 is a certified class 1 medical device which has been proven to help alleviate the symptoms of SAD and seasonal blues.
- When you are looking to invest in a product it’s normally helpful to see if the product comes with a warranty. Warranties are a good indication of quality because they show the manufacturer has enough faith in the longevity of their product that they feel comfortable offering to pay if it turns out to be faulty. The Lumie Go 75 comes with a two year warranty which will cover you if you do end up with a faulty product.
Features: Selection Of Audio Sounds – Snooze Mode – Nightlight – Security Light – Medically Certified – Two Year Warranty.
Glime Review – Number 3
- This Wake-Up alarm is touch activated which makes it super easy to use. You can simply tap the panel on this device in order to turn the power on and off, adjust the brightness, change the colours on more.
- This versatile wake-up alarm can be used as a nightlight, a lamp, a bedside light and more.
- The Glime Wake-Up alarm has 256 RGB atmospheric lighting options which you can use to enhance your mood, relax, unwind and more.
- The Glime alarm also features three brightness levels. There is a low light option which is ideal for sleep, a medium option and a high level which can be used as a regular light.
- This wake-up alarm goes through twenty levels of brightness to help you slowly adjust to the morning. The light is designed to promote the natural secretion of hormones to make sure you feel energised throughout the day.
- The Glime Wake-Up alarm is powered by MHz battery which means you can take the alarm wherever you like without having to worry about plugging it in.
- This wake-up alarm comes with five natural sounds which will help you wake up feeling calm and well rested. Your options include sea waves, kingfisher singing and thunderstorm sounds. The audio will start of small and gradually increase the volume along with the brightness, but it won’t sound harsh or unpleasant.
Features: Touch Activated – Versatile – 256 Atmospheric Light Options – Three Brightness Levels – Battery Powered – Five Natural Sounds.
Any one of the alarms on this list will help you wake up naturally so you feel calm, energised and ready for the day. They are all impressive alarms, but if we had to choose one it would be the Philips Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock HF3505/01 with Sunrise Simulation – 2 Natural Sounds and Radio. This alarm clock doubles as a lamp and a radio so you’ll get a lot more out of it, it offers versatile and fully customisable light settings so you can change the brightness to suit your needs, you can snooze the alarm with a simple tap, and you can feel secure in the knowledge that this alarm is the real deal thanks to all the clinical trials it has gone through before reaching this point.